Lengthen My Days

It's all about getting God to the top of your "To Do" List

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Whatever Prayers

Recently author and speaker Cindi Wood was stranded for a day by a missed flight connection on the way home from a speaking engagement. Faced with an incredibly frustrating interruption to her plans she says, "I prayed one of the most spiritual prayers I know: 'Whatever!'"

How does Cindi's WHATEVER prayer go? “Lord I don’t understand why this is happening, but I know You do. So whatever you want to do with me right now, I’m willing for You to do. Help me to see Your Hand in this situation."

It's really a version of the prayer Jesus taught the disciples to pray: "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." So what are the situations that cause you anxiety? Traffic jams? Seeing the bills in the mailbox? Bad news at the office? Try breathing the whatever prayer a couple times before reacting. OK God. Whatever. I know you know the situation better than I do. I know you are in control.

You can read more of Cindi's insights at www.FrazzledFemale.com.




440690: The Frazzled Female: Finding God's Peace in Your Daily ChaosThe Frazzled Female: Finding God's Peace in Your Daily Chaos
By Cindi Wood
Based on one of today's most popular Bible studies for women, this book reaches out to busy ladies everywhere, guiding them to sanity, peace, and a deeper, more vibrant relationship with the Lord. Cindi Wood's approach isn't "no-nonsense," because she's as hilarious as she is helpful. But in the end, her readers will clearly learn how to become "victoriously frazzled."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home