Lengthen My Days

It's all about getting God to the top of your "To Do" List

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Interruptions, Delays and Inconveniences

Elisabeth Elliot's daily devotional from Back to the Bible today is entitled Interruptions, Delays and Inconveniences. Hmmm...sounds familiar. I think I was trying to write about that topic yesterday. Elliot quotes several missionaries:

--One who learned to regard trivial and annoying chores as daily practice that would eventually qualify her for bigger and better work

--One who trained himself to welcome interruptions as opportunities to present the gospel in true missionary spirit

--One who viewed an upset to her plans as an indication of God's guiding hand securing the accomplishment of His will (rather than her own will).

Check it out in Back to the Bible's Devotions archives and, while you're there, sign up for daily email excerpts from classic devotionals.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been trying to find out how to get in contact with Catherine Reid. Coincidently ( or not )I have been working on a project titled Please Pass the Gravy. PPTG is a tool to support a woman to consciously create her life as she creates the space in her day to listen to a plan greater that her own. I would really like to brainstorm and or share this porject with Catherine. My contact info is Patti @ kairos5@comcast.net.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Catherine Reid said...

Patti,

Your project sounds really interesting. I'll contact you by email.

Catherine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home