Lengthen My Days

It's all about getting God to the top of your "To Do" List

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Where Should I Focus My Time?

I don’t know about you, but I often wonder where I should focus my time. There are so many things vying for my attention and they all seem like they should be given a high priority. I feel like if I could focus on just one thing, I could make some headway—but what should that one thing be? I ask God for direction and I wonder what His answer will be.

Yesterday I happened to catch a couple minutes of Christian radio as I drove between the grocery store (priority of feeding the kids) and the post office (priority mail to my mom for Mother’s Day). The sermon was on Colossians 4:2: “Devote yourselves to prayer.” I was struck by the simplicity of the verse. God said devote yourselves to prayer. Focus on prayer. That's pretty straightforward language. It was as if God were saying to me, “You keep wondering what to devote your time and attention to. I’ve already told you. Devote yourself to prayer.”

I don't want to spoil the simplicity of what God is saying by blog, blog, blogging on about it. Just take some time today to think about what it means in your life. I'll be thinking about what it means in mine.

“Devote yourselves to prayer, being alert and thankful.” Colossians 4:2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home